ALL INDIA AUDIT & ACCOUNTS ASSOCIATION
15/1089-90, VASUNDHARA, VASUNDHARA (P.O.), Dt. GHAZIABAD (U.P), PIN-201012
Reference: AIA/Circular-18/2010 Dated: 25th June 2010
Members & Spl. Invitees – NE &
Members of Women's Committee
DISCIPLINARY PROCEEDINGS ON MASS CASUAL LEAVE PARTICIPATION
On 24th June 2010 we had informally raised the subject with DAI. After detailed discussion DAI agreed to consider settling the whole issue on receipt of a mutually agreeable common reply to the chargesheets. He also asked the HQr leaders to meet PD, Staff and finalise the details.
All unit leaders may meet the Accountants General and request them to maintain status quo and not to go further till the draft reply is finalised and circulated.
MEETING WITH DAI
Bilateral meeting with DAI was held on 24th June 2010 on the agenda items submitted vide our letter dated 25th November 2009.
The Association was represented – in addition to Secretary General- by Coms: M. Duraipandian, President, G.K. Gohain & Subhash Chandra Pandey, Vice Presidents and Com Nageswara Rao, Additional Secretary General. The official side consisted of – in addition to Dr BK Banerjee, DAI – Ms Annie Mathews, PD, Staff, Shri Saurabh Narain AC (N) and Shri Tamrakar, AO/JCM..
A brief on the discussion is given below.
1. Implementation of CCS (RSA) Rules in impartial and judicious manner; proposals for Constitutional amendments
On the issue of granting recognition at Departmental level instead of at field formations, DAI asked for a note from Association on how it will improve the system. He stated that the issue is open.
On Constitutional amendment increasing the strength of NE to 21, he said it can be considered if 1/3rd posts are reserved for women, non-transferable. Association agreed to submit such proposal.
On the issue of retaining the provision of quorum for AGM at 15%, DAI stated that final decision will be taken on verifying the position prevailing in other departments.
2. Declaration of results of verification of Membership of Federations initiated vide Circular No NGE/08/2008 No 156-NGE (JCM)/26-2005.
DAI stated that the result will be announced in few days.
3. Acceptance of nomination of Shri SK Vyas as Member, Staff Side, Departmental Council
Association explained the rule position and stated that the JCM scheme and Constitution of Departmental Council provided to this Association permits nomination of honourably retired employees and the JCM constitution can not be amended unilaterally.
DAI asked for a copy of Constitution of Departmental Council given to us and said a decision would be taken thereafter.
4. Vacation of victimisation for Association activities in Kerala and Rajkot offices
Association withdrew the item and requested for informal discussion. DAI agreed to it.
5. Grant of benefit of promotion from Section Officer to Assistant Audit Officer for those promoted between 01.01.2006 to 01.09. 2008
DAI stated that as the post of Section Officer has ceased to exist from 1st January 2006, this demand can not be agreed and hence rejected.
6. Extension of benefits of MACP to Assistant Audit/Accounts Officers
After some discussion it was disclosed that it has been held up.
7. Fill up all vacant posts including Gr D, No matching savings at the cost of Gr B, C & D cadres
DAI informed that ours is the only department where the recruitment in Gr D is still on. It was informed that 2000 dossiers – DEO, Ar/Acctt and AAO - have already been received and their postings are in progress. DAI stated that base level recruitment at Ar/Acctt level would continue but in a staggered manner to avoid promotional bottlenecks in future.
We were also informed that all Accountants General have been instructed to complete the regularisation of daily rated workers without delay.
8. Permit self certification for TA/DA claims
The issue was dropped as order has already been issued. Association recorded its sincere thanks on this.
9. Upgrade LDCs by re-designating them as Acctts/Audit Assistants and grant following pay sales to different cadres-
Accounts/Audit Assistant PB-1 with Grade Pay Rs.2400
Accountant/Auditor/ Steno Gr.II PB-2 with Grade Pay Rs.4200
Sr. Accountant/Auditor/ Steno Gr.I PB-2 with Grade Pay Rs.4600
SO/JAO/AAO/PS PB-2 with Grade Pay Rs.4800
PB-3 with Grade Pay Rs.5400
on completion of 4 years. Accounts/Audit Officer PB-3 with Grade Pay Rs. 6600
Sr. Accounts/Audit Officer PB-3 with Grade Pay Rs. 7600
DAI informed that LDC cadre is not being abolished, it would continue as promotional post of Gr D. But there would be direct recruitment to DEO limited to requirement. Hence changing the nomenclature and upgrading the cadre does not arise, it was stated.
DAI stated that higher grade pay would be recommended to the government.
10. Restore unilateral transfer policy
DAI informed that once recruitments start, the ban on unilateral transfer would be lifted.
11. Earmark 20% of AAO post for seniority cum fitness promotion (supervisor)
DAI stated that 20% is unacceptable, but improvement is under consideration, A final decision could be taken after the completion of work study/cadre review.
12. Re-imbursement of hotel charges to Railway Audit personnel wherever Railway accommodation is not allotted while on tour.
DAI stated that no PDA, Rly has ever written on this.
13. Stop down sizing of P&T Audit Offices; Conduct audit of private service providers as per TRAI regulations
Association thanked for initiating steps for conduct of audit of private cellular service providers as per TRAI regulations.
DAI informed that P&T audit also comes under workstudy (which may take another 4 moths to complete) and a final decision can be taken thereafter. He also agreed to consider staff side note on this.
14. Permit all Employees in the GP of 1800 to appear for all Departmental Exams including SOGE
DAI stated that there can not be a direct jump from GP 1800 to 4800, they would have to first get promoted as LDC – the first step in the hierarchy – to be eligible to appear for SAS exam. It was further stated that enhancing per cent age for promotion for Gr D to LDC can be considered.
15. Permit the Common SOGE Paper passed candidates to avail benefit under Adhoc AAO scheme to in A& E office
Not agreed to.