Wednesday, December 30, 2015
15/1089-90, VASUNDHARA, VASUNDHARA (P.O.), Dt.
(U.P), PIN-201012 GHAZIABAD
Reference: AIA/Circular-32/2015 Dated: 29th December 2015
Members & Spl. Invitees – NE &
Members of Women’s Committee
XXVIII Ordinary meeting of the Departmental Council was held today. (The last meeting was held on 26th August 2006).
A brief of the discussion/decision is given below.
Ms Ajanta Dayalan, DAI & Chairperson, presided.
1. Implementation of Scheme of Joint Consultative Machinery & Compulsory Arbitration (JCM & CA) on the basis of the Scheme and Constitution of JCM & CA and the joint intent.
Chairperson said that the Department is all for smooth and effective functioning of the Scheme of JCM. As regards changes unilaterally effected to the Constitution of Departmental Council, DAI said that constitution will have to be in conformity with the model Constitution circulated by DOPT.
It was agreed that the staff side would submit a detailed note in this regard.
2. Implementation of CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993 in its true format and as per the OMs issued by the nodal ministry.
There was no unanimity amongst staff side as three members – who did not attend the staff side meeting held in the forenoon session – objected to departmental level, unitary Associations.
Chairperson desired that staff side come with a uniform approach. But it was assured that the practical difficulties in the present system, if any, would be addressed. It was also stated by Chairperson that the present system has somewhat stabilised, changing it would unsettle it.
It was agreed to discuss it further.
3. Implementation of the standing orders on the functional facility to recognised Associations as per decisions taken in the meetings of National Council, JCM.
It was agreed that specific cases where the facilities are denied would be discussed separately for resolution.
4. Revision of sanctioned strength of P&T Audit offices
5. Sanction adequate posts so as to discharge mandate under the Constitution and DPC Act
Items for 4 & 5 were taken up together.
It was reported by Chairperson that the process of filling up of vacancies are on progress and it would take time for the results to be visible as the vacancy position is quite high. So far, during the last 4-5 years, 20000 dossiers were received from SSC of which nearly 12000 have reported.
It was assured that there would be no ‘matching saving’ at the cost of base level cadres.
6. Reduction in the percentage of marks to 40% for passing the SAS and incentive/RA examination.
It was informed that further reduction in passing percentage in SAS/RA/incentive exams is not possible.
Staff side raised the issue of granting unlimited chances for SAS exam. Chairperson desired a detailed note from staff side on this (as this did not form the part of agenda) which would be sympathetically considered.
Staff Side agreed to submit a detailed note on the number of chances for SAS exam.
7. Change of name of DA grade Exam into Works Accounts Service
Chairperson informed that the demand is not agreed to.
8. Revisit the decision to close down various Resident Audit Offices/Parties (RAO/RAP)
It was agreed that Staff Side would pursue the matter, first, with the concerned wing.
9. Revision of TA/DA rates, treating “on tour” for cultural and sports activities’ participants
Staff side appreciated the fact that necessary order in this regard has already been issued but pointed out that the facility is not extended to participants in the cultural events.
It was agreed to examine this demand.
10. Extend equal promotional avenues to Stenographers of the same station
Chairperson agreed that it is a genuine grievance but agreeing to it would lead to opening up of many such demands from similarly placed common cadres.
The demand was not agreed to.
11. Restoration of scheme of unilateral transfer
Chairperson informed that in the given context opening up of unilateral transfer cannot be considered.
On the request of Leader and Secretary, Staff side it was agreed to consider the application for unilateral transfer in respect of handicapped persons as a special case.
12. De-merge Record Keeper post from MTS and Strengthen Record Management Scheme as per provisions of MIR
Not agreed to.
Staff side presented the functional ignominy faced by the erstwhile Record Keepers. Chairperson desired that Staff Side may submit a separate note on this which would be sympathetically considered.
13. Deputation of DAs to State Govt/Corporation Authorities
No agreed to.
On finalisation of minutes of the XXVIII Ordinary meeting (which would take sometime), the same would be placed in our blog.