Wednesday, May 28, 2014
15/1089-90, VASUNDHARA, VASUNDHARA (P.O.), Dt.
(U.P), PIN-201012 GHAZIABAD
Reference: AIA/Circular-13/2014 Dated: 27th May 2014
Members & Spl. Invitees – NE &
Members of Women’s Committee
MEETING WITH 7 CPC
As you know, the 7th CPC had invited the All India Audit & Accounts Association for an interactive session on various issues, including the terms of reference of CPC and departmental specific ones, on today ie 27th May 2014 at 12 noon. (The CPC is meeting all the participating organisations in the National Council of JCM). Delegation of the Association consisting of Coms: M Duraipandian, President, V. Sreekumar, Addl Secretary General and Anilkumar, Asstt. Secretary General besides the Secretary General met Retd Just. AK Mathur, the Chairman, Smt. Meena Agarwal, Member-Secretary, Shri Vivek Rae, Member, and Shri Jayant Sinha, Jt. Secretary and held detailed discussion on various issues.
A brief of the discussion is given below.
1. Pay Parity - We presented the issue of Pay Parity with CSS cadres at all levels and made a detailed explanation. Chairman observed that this issue need not even come before the CPC when the Govt accepted and implemented the principle of parity once and wondered why the government is not suo moto extending the pay scales to Audit and Accounts Cadres whenever that of CSS cadres are revised. He assured to consider this and wanted a detailed written submission on the parity issue.
2. Touring Special Allowance – We demanded Touring Special Allowance to Audit Staff considering the arduous nature of duties. We gave a detailed presentation how arduous the duties are, how the personnel life of the field staff is affected. We also brought it to the notice of the CPC that even with in IA&AD, such an allowance is paid to AAOs and AOs in Defence Audit (similar to the one paid to defence personnel). We made it further clear by stating that the TA-DA paid to the touring staff is only to meet the expenditure on travelling and boarding and lodging. CPC agreed to consider this demand.
3. Pay Band & Grade Pay, fitment formula, Principle on Wage determination etc. – CPC sought our views on the existing salary structure including Pay Band and Grade Pay. We conveyed our firm opinion against the Pay Band-Grade Pay system. Explaining the objection to the system we pointed out the compression of Grade Pay at lower levels, denial of fixation benefit under FR 22 (1) (a) (i) and irrationality in arriving at the fitment formula of 40% of the maximum of the Pay Scale. We gave a detailed narration on what should be the fitment formula and how it should be worked out, stating that the principle enunciated by the 15 ILC at present costs shall have to be the criteria for wage determination.
The CPC further enquired whether rationalisation of PB-GP system would satisfy us. We categorically stated that we demand doing away with it, bringing back the time scale of pay. CPC stated that they do take note of our views on this.
4. Anomalies Arising out of 6 CPC – The existing anomalies arising out of 6 CPC were brought to the notice of CPC. The case of denial of GP of 5400 to AAOs in IA&AD causing volley of anomalies was pointed out as a specific case. CPC wondered how and why the government is permitting this to happen and agreed to look into it.
5. Interim Relief and DA Merger – We raised the issue of grant of Interim Relief and Merger of DA. CPC informed that the Govt has not asked it to consider these two items. CPC further stated that if the Govt asks it, then it is ready to consider it.
In conclusion, CPC requested us to submit a detailed memorandum on all the issues and assured that another round of discussion on the memorandum would be held. CPC informed that for all individual Federations the time for submitting memorandum has been extended upto 13th July 2014 (ie after the Staff Side, JCM submits the memorandum by 30th June 2014).
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
COMRADE BARADA BHATTACHARYA
Com.Barada Bhattacharya was leader of our Association for more than three decades. He breathed his last on 13th May 2014. He was the Vice President and Additional Secretary General of our Association and State General Secretary of the West Bengal COC. He also served as member of West Bengal Pay Commission. He was jailed for 18 months during Emergency and was dismissed from service. He was reinstated in 1977 by Janatha Government. We dip our flag in his memory.
LONG LIVE COMRADE BARADA!!
Saturday, May 10, 2014
Procedure to be observed by Departmental Promotion Committees (DPCs) - Assessment of entries and gradings in ACRs/APAR.
Click Here to view DOPT OM Dated 9-5-2014
Click Here to view DOPT OM Dated 9-5-2014