15/1089-90, VASUNDHARA, VASUNDHARA (P.O.), Dt. GHAZIABAD (U.P), PIN-201012
Reference: AIA/Circular-11/2013 Dated: 14th May 2013
Members & Spl. Invitees – NE &
Members of Women's Committee
The 46th Conference of the Association held at Guwahati identified some pressing issues that have to be addressed urgently. The National Executive Committee that met at the sidelines of the Conference of Confederation decided that the issues need detailed discussion in a wider forum and hence decided to convene a meeting of the CWC. All the Units may, in the meantime, take enabling decision on the participation in the CWC meeting and identify issues to be discussed and decided upon.
During the discussion on the Report and the organisational matters, many a proposals had come up, including on how to overcome the financial hardship faced by the CHQ. Some had even gone to the extent of proposing that Secretary General may function from his station or seek transfer to any of the Delhi offices. The Conference, while appreciating the concern expressed by these units of the financial health, categorically rejected these suggestions.
Conference specifically directed the Members of the National Executive Committee members that they should ensure that their units shall clear the CHQ dues by 30th April 2013.
The proposed CWC meeting will discuss only the organisational issues ie building up of the Association to enable the organisation to pursue the Policy and Programme Resolution adopted by the 46th Conference, meeting the challenges of the day. The CWC meeting is proposed to be held in the 1st half of August 2013. The dates and venue shall be communicated shortly.
Report on implementation of "REMOVE CURBS ON THE EXERCISE OF FUNDAMENTAL (Right to Association & Right to Expression) & DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS DAY" on 23rd April 2013 has not been received from all the units. Units may remember that this slackness on timely reporting adversely affects our future planning.
24th Conference of Confederation of Central Govt. Employees and Workers was held on 4th, 5th and 6th May 2013 at Kolkata. Coms KKN Kutty (ITEF) and M. Krishnan (NFPE) elected as President and Secretary General. Com SK Vyas will be Adviser. Coms MS Raja, M Duraipandian and V Nageswara Rao have been elected as Working President, Vice President and Organising Secretary respectively. A report on conference of Confederation is attached.
(M. S. Raja)
CONFEDERATION 24th NATIONAL CONFERENCE
24th NATIONAL CONFERENCE OF CONFEDERATION OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND WORKERS WAS HELD AT COM. MONI BOSE NAGAR, COM. AJOY BHOWMICK MANCH, KOLKATA FROM 4TH TO 6TH MAY, 2013.
On 4th May before commencement of National Conference a colourful procession was organized in which all National and State leaders, Delegates and many Comrades from all Central Government Departments of West Bengal and other sectors participated.
The programme commenced with Flag hoisting. The Confederation Flag was hoisted by Com. S.K. Vyas, President. Homage was also paid to the martyrs by offering flowers on the martyrs' column by all leaders of Confederation, delegates, observers and other Comrades of Kolkata.
The open session commenced in the afternoon of 4.5.2013 under the Presidentship of Com. S.K. Vyas , President. The open session was inaugurated by Com. A.K. Padmanabhan, All India President CITU. In his speech Com. Padmanabhan elaborately described the adverse impact of neo-liberal economic policies allover world and as well as in India. He described the unity of all trade unions on the issues of working class as a positive development in trade union movement of India. He congratulated the Central Government Employees for their participation in 2 days General Strike 0n 20-21 February, 2013 on call of Central Trade Unions and one day strike on 12.12.2012 by the Central Government Employees exclusively on the call of Confederation for the issues related to them. He appealed to all to fight unitedly to resist the disastrous economic policies of Govt. of India and compel the Govt. to reverse these policies.
On behalf of Chairman Reception Committee Com. S.S. Roy presented the Welcome speech. He also read out the address of the Chairman Reception Committee, Com. Shishir Bhattacharya. Among the prominent speakers Com. V.A.N. Namboodiri, President BSNL Employees Union, Com. Pradeep Biswas General Secretary BEFI, Com. S.K. Brahma Vice President A.I.R.F., Com. Jayanto Mukherjee, Jt. Secretary, AIIEA, Com. Samir Bhattacharya Joint Convenor of 12th July Committee, delivered their speech and extended best wishes for success of the Conference. Com. Jyotsna Bose, Com. Kunal Biswas, R.L. Bhattacharjee and other Senior Trade Union Leaders of West Bengal were also present on the dais. All the leaders and guests were honoured by Reception Committee by garlanding and presenting mementos. On behalf of Confederation Com. K K N Kutty Secretary Generally welcomed and thanked all the leaders and guests. Com. S.K. Vyas gave his Presidential address. Formal Vote of thanks was given by Com. J.C. Bose, (Reception Committee)
On 5.5.2013 the Subject Committee was addressed by Com. Sukomal Sen., Sr. Vice President of All India State Government Employees Federation. In his speech he has thrown light on the challenges faced by the Trade Union movement. He appreciated the role of Confederation for continuous struggle for the protection of interests of Central Govt. Employees.Com. S.K. Vyas President Confederation presided the session. One minute silence was also observed to pay homage to the martyrs.
Com. KKN Kutty Secretary General Presented the Draft Report on the activities of Confederation during the last three years. In the discussion on report Chief Executives of 16 State COCs and 28 representatives of various organizations took part, Com. K.K.N. Kutty Secretary General concluded the debate after giving replies to the queries and questions raised by the delegates. The report was adopted unanimously by the house. Triennial Audited Accounts was presented by Com. Giri Raj Singh Financial Secretary which was unanimously adopted by the house. 48 Resolutions were presented by the members of Resolution Committee headed by Com. K.V. Jairaj. Credential Committee Convenor Com. K.V. Sridharan presented the credential report before house.
CREDENTIAL COMMITTEE REPORT:
Total Organizations attended - 48
COCs attended - 12
Total Delegates - 228
The election for the coming session was held unanimously and the following office- bearers were elected:
Advisor - Com. S.K. Vyas (Audit)
President - Com. KKN Kutty (ITEF)
Working President - Com. M.S. Raja (Audit)
Vice Presidents 1 - Com. T. Narasimhan (NFPE)
2 - Com. Ashok B. Salunkhe (ITEF)
3 - Com. M. Duraipandian (Audit)
4. - Com. N. Somaiya (Ground Water Board)
5. - Com. Giri Raj Singh (NFPE)
Secretary General - Com. M. Krishan (NFPE)
Secretary - Com. K.P. Rajagopal (ITEF)
Asstt. Secretary 1 - Com. R.N. Parashar (NFPE)
2 - Com. Pijush Roy (Civil Accounts)
3 - Com. Ishwar Singh Dabas (NFPE)
4. - Com. K.V. Jairaj (Atomic Energy)
5. - Com. B. Krishna Gaud (Museum)
Finance Secretary - Com. Vrigu Bhattacharjee (Civil Accounts)
Org. Secretaries 1 - Com. Nilesh Nasre (IBM)
2 - Com Ashok Kanojiya (ITEF)
3 - Com. Mani Achari (Atomic Energy)
4 - Com. K. Venkatasubramanian (Civil Accounts)
5 - Com. P. Suresh (NFPE)
6 - Com. R. Seethalaxmi (NFPE)
7 - Com. Nageswara Rao (Audit)
8 - Com. T Satyanarayana (NFPE)
9 - Com. R.P. Singh (Agmark)
10 - Com. C.P. Shobhana (NFPE)
11 - Com. Arup Chatterjee (BSI)
12 - Com. Yeshwant Purohit (ITEF)
Auditor - Com. T.K.R. Pillai (Statistic & Programme Implementation)
In his concluding address Com. S.K. Vyas gave a very inspiring speech in which he elaborately described the role of Confederation since it's formation in 1956 and the various struggles conducted including historical strikes of 1960,1968, 1974 and at least one strike each year after 1991, and two days strike on 20-21 February, 2013.He also told about the important role of Confederation in setting up of all Pay Commission since 2nd Pay Commission to VIth Pay Commissions and redressal of various grievances related to the staff . He extended his best wishes to the newly elected body and hoped that under their able and militant leadership, Confederation will march forward and will be able to settle the problems of Central Government Employees.
Formal Vote of thanks was presented by Com. Pijush Roy General Secretary Reception Committee.
The Reception Committee under leadership of Com. S.S. Ray, Pijush Roy and other Comrades of West Bengal made excellent arrangements for the successful conduct of the Conference including food, accommodation and transport which deserve every appreciation.
The session ended with shouting of revolutionary slogans.
RESOLUTIONS ADOPTED IN THE 24TH ALL INDIA CONFERENCE OF CONFEDERATION OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
HELD AT Kolkata
FROM 4th MAY to 6th MAY 2013.
I. Resolutions moved by the Presidium:
Following Resolutions was moved by the Presidium:
- Resolution on Food Security – moved by Com. Duraipandian
- Resolution on FDI – moved by Com. Rajagopal
- Resolution on Price Rise – moved by Com. Nageswara Rao
- Resolution on Natural Resources – moved by Com. M.S. Raja
- Resolution on women atrocities – moved by Com. KV Sridharan
- Resolution on FDI in Retail – moved by Com. K . Raghvendran
- Resolution on Casual Laborers – moved by Com. K.K.N.Kutty
- Resolution on GDS – moved by Com. K. Raghvendran
- Resolution on uniforms & stitching charges – moved by Com. Raghavendran
- Resolution functioning of JCM – moved by Com. Vrighu Battacharjee
- Resolution on appointing 7th Central Pay Commission- moved by Com. Jayaraj KV
- Resolution on merger of 50% of DA for all Govt. employees – including GDS Staff – moved by Com. Jayaraj K.V
II. Resolution moved by the Resolution Committee:
A Resolution Committee under the convener ship of Com. Jayaraj KV was appointed. The committee invited resolutions from the delegates and affiliated organizations participated in the Conference. About 136 issues were brought to the notice of the Resolution Committee by the participants. 18 Federations/organizations were submitted their proposal.
Following were the members of Resolution Committee:
Jayaraj .K.V Convener National Federation of Atomic Energy Employees
Giriraj Singh Member National Federation of Postal Employees
Nageswara Rao Member All India Audit & Accounts Assn
Yashwant Purohit Member Income Tax Employees Federation
Chourasya R.K Member All India Civil Accounts Assn
After scrutinizing the subjects, 48 resolutions proposed to adopt in the 24th All India Conference Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers. Following are the resolutions moved by Com. Jayaraj K.V. Convener, Resolution Committee:
- Against the anomalies in MACP/ACP
- To upgrade the Pay Scale of LDC & UDC with Grade Pay of Rs2400 and 2800 respectively
- To enhance the Rate of Overtime Allowance
- To enhance the Rate of Night Duty Allowance and to remove the ceiling
- Against the closure of the Government Offices
- To Rationalise all Minerals of the Country
- To declare 1st May – MAY DAY – as National Holiday
- Demanding stringent action against Scam and corruption
- To Scrap the New Pension Scheme
- To ensure Five promotion in the Service Carrier
- For permanent negotiating machinery with All India Federations/Associations recognized under CCS (RSA) Rules 1993 apart from JCM Forum
- To rectify the deficiencies in the existing DA pattern
- For parity in the pay of Secretariat Staff and filed office staff – ministerial and auxiliary staff
- To rectify the discrepancies in the Transport Allowance – IT Exemption, TA for field staff who are away from office on tour, etc
- To improve the CGHS Facilities – entitlement of wards in Hospital under CGHS based on Pay in PB + GP, Revision of packages, Empanelment of more Hospital in CGHS, etc
- To remove the restriction in compassionate Ground Appointment
- To Amend the Bonus Act on various clauses – Ensure 8.33% of the Gross salary as Bonus, Removal of ceiling on Bonus, etc
- To ratify the ILO conventions No 87,98, 151 & 154 to grant of all civilian and trade union rights including the right to strike for Government Employees
- Against downsizing, out sourcing and contractuarisation
- To fill up all vacancies in all Central Government Establishments and remove ban on recruitment
- To implement the arbitration awards
- For improvement in the House Building Advances – To reduce the rate of interest, One more chance to avail HBA who already taken earlier to improve the existing accommodation, allowing to avail HBA for extension, renovation of exiting own accommodations, HBA for purchasing resale flats/houses
- To exempt Children education Allowance from Income Tax
- To restore the Rate of Interest on GPF to 12%
- To revise various Allowances such as Winter Allowances, Hill Compensatory Allowances, Tribal Allowances, etc. and to ensure the rate on par with the concerned state Governments.
- To revise the Gratuity equal to last drawn one month salary and to extend the gratuity to the employees joined after 01.1.2004
- Restore two increments or more on acquiring additional qualifications
- To enhance – double the CEGIS coverage limit
- To remove the anomalies in the pay of Direct Recruitees and the promotees in the all cadre
- To allow Air fare to the employees of North Eastern Region for the purpose of LTC, TA, Travel on medical ground on referral
- To enhance all Allowances such as DA, HRA, Special Allowances by 25% from the date of attaining DA 50%
- To extend CCL to the single parent – i.e. in case of the mother expired
- To sanction special leave for cancer patent for treatment
- To extend medical re imbursement for fertility treatment at least for first sitting
- To treat Kalpakkam as a satellite town of Chennai and Tarapur as a satellite town of Mumbai for the purpose of HRA
- To give one more option to switch over from CPF to GPF
- To remove the ceiling of Patient Care Allowances
- To place the Temporary Status employees joined before 2004 and regularized later into Statutory pension Scheme
- To modify the OM issued by Dept of Expenditure to fix the Pay on promotion to a post carrying higher duties and responsibilities carrying the same grade pay by deleting the reference previous OM by the Department issued in the year 2000, i.e. prior to the implementation of 6th CPC
- For extending Pension to the employees of Brahmaputra Board, Assam
- To extend one increment to those employees retiring in between January and June
- To notify the Recruitment Rule/Promotion Norms for Canteen employees
- To Extend the payment of arrears to all employees working in audit and accounting organizations from 01.01.1196 to 18.02.2003 as per the Supreme Court verdict pronounced in the case of Sebastian & Others Vs. Govt. of India
- To Extend the benefit given to Venkat Raman while implementing ACP by the Railway Board as per the Supreme Court to all other similar placed employees
- To stepping up the Pay Scale of Seniors on par with the juniors who are elevated on account of ACPs
- To abolish the license fee for the Departmental Quarters allotted to the employees since the HRA is recovering fully.
- To allow PF withdrawal for second or third time for similar purposes such as purchase of house Plot, Flat, construction of House, etc
- To vacate All Trade Union Victimisation