15/1089-90, VASUNDHARA, VASUNDHARA (P.O.), Dt. GHAZIABAD (U.P), PIN-201012
Reference: AIA/Circular-22/2013 Dated: 16th September 2013
Members & Spl. Invitees – NE &
Members of Women's Committee
CONDUCT STRIKE BALLOTT
Confederation has decided for conducting a strike ballot – on 25, 26, 27 September 2013) as a campaign cum preparatory step towards going on an indefinite strike on the 15 point charter of demands. The meeting of National Executive Committee of the Association in its meeting on 24-25 July 2013 endorsed the call of the Confederation (Circular 15).
The AIRF and AIDEF also have decided to go for strike ballots, though later than us. As mentioned in Circular 15, the efforts to build up the common front of the central government employees are on the right track.
The Confederation has issued detailed guidelines on the conduct of the strike ballot. Confederation Circular is attached.
Prepare for the Strike Ballot without loss of Time
Every Unit may get into the campaign mode without loss of time, if not already started.
· Pamphlets on the charter of demands be prepared, preferably in the local language and distributed amongst the members.
· Group meetings may be conducted as part of educative campaign.
· The Unit may choose any one of the 3 days ie 25,2,27 Sept for the strike ballot.
· The date and time for casting the strike ballot may be publicised so as to ensure total participation by the employees.
· Ballot boxes may be prepared
· Ballot should have on the one side the ballot and on the reverse the Charter of demands
· Every member/employee may be persuaded to cast their ballot.
· Every member may be given one ballot
· Unit leadership may take specific note how many non members have cast the ballot.
· On Closure on strike ballot, the counting may be done preferably in the presence of designated COC leader of the station.
· The result of the strike ballot may be conveyed in writing – through email- to Head Quarters and COC, immediately on conclusion of the counting.
· General Secretary shall sign the results.
· The report shall specify the number of ballots cast, number of YES, number of NO and number of invalid votes.
· Nobody shall write their name on the ballot (it is a secret ballot).
Model strike ballot shall be
I AGREE WITH THE PROPOSAL FOR INDEFINITE STRIKE ACTION
On the reverse of the strike ballot the 15 point charter of demands may be given.
central govt. employees & workers
1st floor, North Avenue Post Office Building, New Delhi-110 001
Circular No.5/2013 12-09-2013
Most Urgent / Important
* Indefinite Strike *
Strike ballot - ensure implementation
of the programme among the
employees of All Affiliated
As a final step before embarking upon a nation wide indefinite strike, Confederation of Central Govt. Employees & Workers has decided to conduct strike ballot on 2013 September 25,26 & 27th. All affiliated organisations and C.O.Cs should take initiative to make the programme cent percent success. Sample Bllot paper and Appeal along with 15 point charter of demands are published in the Confederation website and also sent by post to all affiliates and C.O.Cs. Please translate the appeal and charter of demands into local language and distribute it to each and every employee before 23rd September, 2013. On 25th, 26th and 27th September Polling Booths may be opened in the premises of offices at all centres and ballot boxes may be placed in the booth. Each and every employee may be requested to cast their vote in the ballot paper by marking "YES" or "NO". It is secret ballot and hence name of the employee shall not be written in the ballot paper. On completion of the voting, the boxes may be opened and votes counted by the office bearers of the affiliated organisations and C.O.Cs. Total number of employees voted, number of votes in favour of indefinite strike (YES), Number of votes against indefinite strike (NO), Invalid votes etc. should be intimated to the Confederation CHQ through C.O.Cs or where C.O.C. is not functioning through the affiliated organisation on or before 28th September 2013 by email: (Email ID: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org).
Intensive campaign among the employees should be conducted before the strike ballot by organising squad work, distributing pamphlets, sample ballot papers, appeals, posters etc. and also by arranging meeting at all centres and offices.
Awake, arise, unite comrades
rally round confederation
we the workers, we the nation
we are not beggar folks.
organise! organise!! organise!!!
battle lines are drawn. let us be ready for a final show down.